A Greenhouse Climate Study and Financial Assessment for a new or existing protected cropping or hydroponic project covers a range of aspects, from the proposal for a detailed business plan through to a climate study, system design and energy usage.
The Greenhouse Growers Toolbox 1.0.2 was developed for commercial and hobby greenhouse or hydroponic growers for everyday system design or management use.
1. Greenhouse Acid or Product Dosing (Updated in v1.0.2)
Calculate treatment PPM or volume (litres) of various products/acids when added to water
2. Greenhouse Area and Volume (Updated in v1.0.2)
Calculate area (m²) or volume (m³) of greenhouse structures
3. Greenhouse Boiler Fuel Cost (Updated in v1.0.2)
Calculate and compare costs of various common greenhouse boiler fuels ($ per GigaJoule of energy)
4. Greenhouse Dripper Timing and Volume (Updated in v1.0.2)
Calculate greenhouse irrigation flows, rates and volumes (media based dripper systems only!)
5. Greenhouse Hydronic Boiler Calculations (Updated in v1.0.2)
Estimate minimum required greenhouse boiler size (in kW & MCal/hr)
6. Greenhouse Irrigation Pump Capacity (Updated in v1.0.2)
Calculate required greenhouse irrigation pump capacity and maximum number of solenoid valves (media based dripper systems only!)
7. Greenhouse Irrigation Rate Targets (Updated in v1.0.2)
Calculate greenhouse irrigation volumes based on area, dripper rates and light sum, and compare to actual irrigation volume delivered over the same period
8. Greenhouse Radiation and Light Units (Updated in v1.0.2)
Compare and convert common light (radiation) units used in greenhouse horticulture (inc. kLux, W/m2, J/cm2 and mol/m2/h)
9. Greenhouse Nutrient Deficiency Chart (NEW in v1.0.2)
Use the flowchart to determine in a systematic way which element/s may be causing deficiency symptoms in the leaves. (Includes typical examples of leaf deficiency)
10. Greenhouse Nutrient Feed Recipe Guidelines (NEW in v1.0.2)
Standard feed recipe guidelines for both Open and Recirculation media based hydroponic systems (in PPM and mmol/µmol) and includes most common greenhouse vegetable crops
11. Greenhouse Nutrient Drain Reference Guidelines (NEW in v1.0.2)
Enter laboratory analysis of your hydroponic drain water and compare to reference guidelines for your vegetable crop (in ppm and mmol/µmol) and includes automatic EC correction
12. Common Elemental Conversions (NEW in v1.0.2)
Converts common elements to and from pure form (ppm only!) and lists common atomic weights
A free "Lite" version (updated in v1.0.2) is also available now featuring 5 of the twelve greenhouse calculators (volume and area, dripper timings and volumes, acid and product dosing, radiation and light units and common elemental conversions).
Both apps can be downloaded from the Apple App Store via iTunes and they are suitable for iPhone, iPad and iPod.
(Please note that all app information is given in good faith however no liability is accepted for content or its application.)