Our expertise in Project Management will assist to deliver your project safely and on time, on budget and to agreed technical specifications (to date, Graeme Smith Consulting has been involved in over 40 greenhouse and hydroponic projects in Australia and overseas).
Please see attached sample document for an overview of tasks to be managed for a successful protected cropping project.
(n.b. The services offered may include either full responsibility (includes planning, design, delivery, funds management and commissioning) or basic facilitation (includes planning, liaison, commissioning), and such service levels shall be agreed upon prior to any contract signing.)
Services to be offered may include:
In all things, we offer industry expertise and experience for:
Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S)
- Develop and Oversee Project OH&S Program (hazard identification and control with continuous improvement to workplace safety)
- Develop and Oversee OH&S Management Group for Site
- Develop and Oversee Site Induction Training to staff and workers entering the site (inc. site safety, responsibilities, accreditations, workplace inspections checklists and OH&S awareness).
- Develop and Oversee Site Safety and Traffic Signage
- To assist client to develop an effective ‘Emergency Management Plan’ for enterprise
- Oversee Contractors Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS)
- Develop and Oversee Site Communications Plan (phone, fax, CB radio, video, etc as required)
- Oversee Worker Safety PPE by endeavoring that at all times safety equipment; (hard hats, hi-vis vests, gloves, safety boots, etc) are worn by all staff whilst on site (n.b. this relies on encouragement, responsibility and suitable signage).
- Develop and Oversee Emergency First Aid Kits.
- Develop and Oversee First Aid Program (practitioners, phone tree, management plan, etc.).
- Develop and Oversee Human Comforts (fresh water, heating, cooling, cover, welfare, facilities, office, toilets, lunch room, etc.).
- Develop and Oversee Site Visitors Log.
- Develop and Oversee Site Safety & Incident Report Log.
- To inspect and maintain copy of Work-Cover documents from all service providers on site.
- To inspect and maintain copy of Insurance documents from all service providers on site.
- To inspect and maintain copy of certification for technical trade skills (welding, machine operation, trade skills, confined space, elevated platforms, etc) from all service providers on site.
- Liaise with client any public risk insurance claims that may arise.
- Supply management staff to deliver above OH&S tasks.
Machinery and Equipment Hire
- Develop and Oversee Project Machine & Equipment Management Program
- Negotiation of equipment hires prices and availability and manage a flow chart to reduce any onsite down time
- To ascertain the temporary power requirements for the construction stage and facilitate the appropriate equipment to meet those needs. (generators, power leads, power mushrooms, etc)
- Arrange hire and manage supply of construction machines (scissorlifts, Manitou, generators, welders, tractors, bobcats, graders, excavators, tele-handlers, boom lifts, portable platforms, forklifts, etc)
- Manage maintenance, repairs, replacements, de-hire, etc.
- Develop and maintain diesel/petrol fuel cells to service machinery & equipment
- Facilitate machinery/equipment training and accreditation as and when required
- Supply management staff to deliver above machinery & equipment tasks
- Facilitate and manage local labour hire (as and when required) by liaison with greenhouse builders as to how many people, their skills and when needed
- Provide works foreman role for the following common necessary tasks:
- a. connection of hydronic heat hoses
- b. painting of hydronic heat pipe
- c. placement of hydronic heat pipe supports
- d. suspension of hydronic grow pipe & gutters
- e. installation of irrigation emitters
- f. installation of crop support wires
- g. installation of crop wire hangers
- h. assembly of trolleys
- i. excavation and trenching for CO
- j. excavation and trenching for irrigation lines
- k. excavation and trenching for heating lines
- l. excavation and trenching for storm-water lines
- m. backfilling for all above excavation works
- Ensure all labour has appropriate construction induction accreditation
- Facilitate specialised labour with enhanced trade skills as and when required (e.g. elevated platforms, welding, etc)
- Conduct regular site meetings (e.g. weekly), to ensure above needs of project are being met and future requirements are planned for.
- Generate written reports as required.
Contact us to discuss your needs to manage your project.